Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Getting adjusted

Alyssa started her new school on Monday and it was rough the first day - she cried, and was very nervous. Yesterday was a little bit better, and today was a LOT better. I'm so glad. In fact, today she had an early day and got to have lunch at school! She thought that was pretty cool. The nurses at the school have been amazing too, they've called me all 3 days, giving me her blood sugar numbers and checking with me on insulin. If they keep this communication up (which I'm sure they will) I think I'll feel very good about it all. I'm actually not nearly as anxious as I thought I would be! Partly because Alyssa is honeymooning right now so her blood glucose numbers have been great (mostly low 100's) so I don't feel like I have much to worry about.

Tomorrow we go to the Diabetes Clinic for another visit. I hope we can be on an insulin pen by next month (so no more needles and syringes!) and if Alyssa's A1C (a test that gives you a picture of your average blood glucose control for the past 2 to 3 months) numbers are good (I think they have to be 7 and below) an insulin pump very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment