Saturday, October 3, 2009

How God Selects the Mother of a Diabetic Child

I found this poem when googling Diabetes information. I'm keeping it close to my heart.


How God Selects the Mother of a Diabetic Child by Erma Bombeck Modified a great deal by another mom of a diabetic child.

Some women become mothers by accident, most by choice, a few by social pressures and a couple by habit. Did you ever wonder how mothers of children with diabetes are chosen?

Somehow I visualize God hovering over earth selecting his instruments for propagation with great care and deliberation. As he observes, he instructs his angels to make notes in a giant ledger.

"Armstrong, Beth, son. Patron Saint Matthew."
"Forrest, Marjorie, daughter, Patron Saint Cecilia."
"Rutledge, Carrie, twins. Patron Saint Gerard. He's used to profanity."

Finally, He passes a name to an angel and smiles, "Give her a child with diabetes." The angel is curious. "Why this one, God? She's so happy.""Exactly", smiles God. "Could I give a child with diabetes to a mother who does not know laughter?"

"She has the patience?" the Angel agrees."

Once the shock wears off, she'll handle it. I watched her today. She is strong. You see, the child I am going to give her will require great care. It's not going to be easy."

"But, Lord, could this make her stop believing?"God smiles. "No. This one is perfect. She has a strong faith in me." God nods. "Yes, this is the woman whom I will bless with this child. I will be at her side every minute of every day of her life because she is doing my work."

2 comments:

  1. That is you... strong, with great faith, and God will be at your side every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That poem is so powerful Michaela. God has a plan for all of us and for now this one is yours. Within all the struggles you will have to endure, there will be many lessons and blessings upon blessings. The fact that Alyssa is cooperative and wanting to do her own pricking, is a blesing in itself. You guys are always in my prayers. Alyssa is amazing. -Denise

    ReplyDelete