Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Update

It's been awhile since I wrote, I can't believe it's been 2 months!

Halloween was good. Alyssa got, of course, a ton of candy. She picked out 5 pieces and only ended up only eating half of a Skittles packet. The rest we paid her 25 cents per piece. She got $14!

Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners were challenging and took us awhile to figure out, but all in all, I think we did a good job measuring and counting! Her blood sugars have been pretty good.

On Sunday however, she had a big time low. She came up to me like she usually does when she feels low, and told me. Walking, talking, normal. She was 38!!! It really scared me. I made her sit down and got her some juice and she shot up at 58 in only about 3 minutes and then to over 100. I hate those low numbers though, they're so scary.

Now we look forward to Jan. 5 when she goes on the pump trial. They'll fit her out with a pump for 3 days with only saline running through it to see how she likes wearing it. Then if she likes it, we'll go onto it. I'm 99% sure she's going to love it. It would mean NO more insulin injections. How heavenly that would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment